July 23, 2008

Aren't you glad your not my neighbors!

On Monday we had a massive wind storm tear through our area leaving us powerless.  Trees fell on power lines, some even collapsing to the ground.  Everyone in my family is o.k.  Our yard was barely damaged.  It took a few hours to clean up the debris, but all in all we are very lucky.  The few trees that did go down were on the woods line and all fell that direction.  YEAH!  That kept us from having to dismantle a 30' Walnut tree.

I consider us very lucky in the scheme of things.  We only lost power.  In fact we still don't have power nor does it look like it until Friday at the earliest.   That's o.k. we have been making due with movies by laptop in the evenings and many rounds of cards.

Unfortunately our next door neighbors are not so luck because this is on their shed.

You can't really see it, but that is one very large tree that broke off almost at its base.  It is kinda leaning on it, and I hope things don't get worse because.....  They are on vacation and won't be back until this weekend.  Maybe they will get lucky and the power will be back on when they get here!  

I must say living the technologyless life is not for me.  I like my gadgets.  I'll just have to be patient and things will be back to normal in no time.

If you are wondering how I am posting, I am over at my parent's house charging up my laptop and using their wifi.  I raided the fridge earlier too.... You have to.  It's your right as their children.  Dad will  be happy though, I left him some beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your input would be greatly appreciated!!!