June 28, 2008

Thank you mom

I must give a big thank you to my mom for all of the creative things she had me do as a kid. She taught me how to do cross stitch and crochet. And always encouraged me to try something new. Since I have dabbled in many different arts and craft endeavors which has given me some financial compensation for my work. Here I have included some of the things I have created for her.
These I made for her for Christmas to match her bedding. I like to quilt, just in smaller doses. Wall hangings are more my style.



This is one of the necklaces I made for her. I think I like dragon flies more than she does, but that's o.k. She still likes it.

Growing us we had two beagles, both epileptic. Snuffles scared me when we brought her home, I had never had an animal before and didn't understand her need for attention. Pepper was the second beagle. She was quite a 'free spirt' for a dog. Very stubborn! I made this for mom as a mother's day present. When she died, I even made her a headstone for her grave site in the woods. I miss her, but she was a different dog in the end. Medicine really messed her up.
Other artsy farts things I have dabbled in: Soap making, candle making, knitting, perfume, dream catchers, beading, quilting, painting, macrame, cooking, etc. So, thank you mom for putting the creative bug in my ear from the get go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your input would be greatly appreciated!!!