June 22, 2008

Creative Juices A Flowin'

Being off for the summer, I needed to start creating something artsy or I might go crazy.  Today I finished two necklaces and a mala.  I folded them in half to get a better image of the detail involved.  This first necklace is a combination of Smokey Quartz and Crystal Quartz.  The chips ranged from 3mm - 6 mm in size.  Hard to work with with fingernails, but I managed.  I think it turned out beautifully.  

This one is a Ametrine and Labradorite.  I have had the Ametrine for quite some time.  I have made and later destroyed about six necklaces because I was never satisfied with the finished product.  I really like the contrast between the yellowish tints and purple luster of the Labradorite.  I think this one is a keeper.  (or sell, haven't decided yet)  There is a matching bracelet as well.
Here we have a recreation of one of my grandmothers pearl necklaces from (I think) the 1920's.  Need to have it appraised to find out for sure.  It is made with crystal pearls.  I plan to make one for all of the female grandchildren/great grandchildren as a tribute to grandma for Christmas.  
Here we have my mala.  This one is mine all mine.  Made of Golden Jade, with Amber counters, Citrine center piece and Citrine and Florite accents. This picture doesn't do it justice.  Malas are Tibetan prayer beads used in meditation.  I use it at least once a day to ground and center myself.   
This is a half mala, with 54 beads.  It is made from Fancy Jasper with Quartz counters and center.  It was supposed to be a full size mala (108 beads) but I accidentally cut the cord too short.  This one will go for sale along with two others I have finished in the past few weeks.  A Yellow Turqouis and Amethyst full malas.
This upcoming week I plan on finishing some magnets, lanyards, knit some animals, make a few more necklaces and malas, who knows.  I am thinking about selling some jewlery/animals/magnets/arts crafty stuff online.  Not sure yet. It is a foreign concept to me and I don't know how they would sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your input would be greatly appreciated!!!