January 27, 2009

What would you do?

I am pulling my teacher card here today.  I knew that there was a fight during lunch, the kids all blab as soon as its over.  Here's the deal.  Apparently a LARGE group of our 7th graders got up and applauded the student who started the fight.  If we would have known about it before the end of school, we could have addressed it today.  However, now we have to wait until tomorrow to address the behavior.  Here are some of the things I think we may do:

1.  Reprimand our lunch students and go over lunchroom procedures as well as what to do when there is a fight.

2.  All grade silent lunch.

3.  Have students write an essay about why it is inappropriate to applaud a fight.

4.  Those students who did clap, silent lunch for a week

5.  Make students sit in assigned seat during lunch.  Our class just got that privilege back today.  I don't think they will have it tomorrow!

6.  Your suggestions...

Let me just say that I was livid when I found out, as I am sure you would be too.  What would you do in this situation?

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you. Silent lunch AND maybe an essay might leave a lasting impression. There's no place for cheering for a fight starter.

    ReplyDelete

Your input would be greatly appreciated!!!