January 14, 2009

Back to back snow days!

I couldn't believe my eyes when I woke up this morning.  I looked outside to see beautiful white, fluffy snow on the ground.  I could tell that it was just light and fluffy as the sun glistened off of it.  Better yet, I checked the internet to see that I didn't have school today.  Over six inches of the fluffy stuff fell overnight in Illinois and in Iowa, where I work, they had even more.

So, I spent my day lazing around.... aka spending 4+ hours updating IEP progress into the system.  Thank god I grabbed it on my way out the door on Tuesday!  Then finished up the movie Eagle Eye, did some wii fit for an hour and caught up on a good book.

Then my mommy called to say "Congratulations, you don't have to work tomorrow!"
"Bull shit, your fucking with me"  (yes ladies and gents, I swear in front of my mommers)
"Yep, most of the Quad Cities is closed due to -40+ windchill factor for tomorrow morning.
"Holy Shit, forty below!"
"Yep"  I was surprised she didn't ask me to stop swearing....

From there we went on to figuring out if we want to go out to lunch tomorrow, their pursuit to find a wii (they just have to follow in my footsteps) and other random conversations.

So, now what am I going to do with my day tomorrow?  I think I will try to work on finishing up Sheldon the Turtle.  I need to make a couple of birthday presents for my January birthday buddies so I will probably work on that too.  I am sure I will find something to do.

BTW, I have been thinking about doing a necklace give a way for my recent 100th post.  Give my some ideas on a contest....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your input would be greatly appreciated!!!