February 23, 2009

Monday..... Again.....

I don't know what my problem has been lately, but I am sick of Mondays. They seem like the worst day of the week. I really wish we could just start our week on Tuesday. Here's how my Monday went:

Slept through alarm the first time it went off, then hit snooze about 4 times.

That put me late leaving for work and I got stuck behind several semi trucks going 10+ under the speed limit on the highway.

I was late to work (from my sleeping in), therefore late for the Monday morning meeting I host EVERY Monday morning at 8:00. Mind you, this is not my choice.

Teaching was actually the highlight of my day. Classes went well, even the one I subbed for. Some of the kiddos got on my nerves, but that isn't unusual in middle school. I'll explain my "little man syndrome" one of these days.

During my prep period I was working on sped paperwork. Got my current academic performance page done, hit save (it is a web program) and the computer locked up on me and I lost an hours worth of work. I cried a little at my desk..... in the dark..... because the motion sensors in my room are wonky and the lights don't stay on when I sit at my desk for more than 10 minutes with nobody else in the room.

After school I almost had to break up a fight.

After school a former student of mine brought in her 3 month old baby to brag to me about him. Oh yeah, she's a sophomore in high school. Oh yeah, and she walked him to school in his carrier when it was only 27 degrees outside.

I was thinking through a problem in my head and missed my normal exit home from work... I am such an idiot sometimes.

Once home I realized I left my grad class book on my desk at work, so I couldn't write my 5 essays tonight. They are due Wed. so at least I have some time.....




I can at least look at it in a semi positive light. Tomorrow is Fat Tuesday and we are doing a constant food fest in the teacher's lounge.

I wonder if I can get away with wearing sweat pants.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your input would be greatly appreciated!!!